Colorants for plastic compounders and color concentrate producers.
Sensient Colors for Plastic Applications
Sensient supplies two types of colorants for use by plastic compounders and color concentrate producers: Solvent-Soluble Dyes and FD&C Aluminum Lake Pigments.
- High color strength
- Highest clarity in transparent plastic resins
- Low moisture content
- Suitable for most non-olefinics and engineering plastics – Polystyrene, PET, Polycarbonate, SAN, ABS, Polyamide, PAN, Rigid PVC and other polymers
- Tendency to migrate in polyolefins or plasticized polymer systems
FD&C Aluminum Lake Pigments
- Water-insoluble colorants produced by combining FD&C Dyes with hydrated alumina
- Ultra-safe, qualified as certified ‘food additives’
- Recommended for olefins, styrenics for food contact packaging applications
- Low moisture, high color content (35 – 42% dye content) versions for plastics
- Good clarity, low migration tendency
Sensient offers bespoke blends in varying formats, including powders, granules and solutions, along with a range of packaging options to suit your requirements. Custom, private branding and labelling on request. Individual to bulk delivery options available.
Sensient’s technical team provides technical support, application advice and a color sampling service. Please contact us for practical working solutions to any of your color problems.